If I may be so bold as to add to the incomparable Mama Mick’s list of household rules, here are some that never fail to work in the Hen House:
1. Always Trust Your Mom.
2. There’s no room in a marriage bed for pride. It hogs the mattress and steals all the covers.
3. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
4. Laugh at yourself. Everyone else is already having fun, so you might as well join the party.
5. Learning to say “sorry” fixes nearly everything.
6. It’s way easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. But I would still recommend you ask permission. All that begging is really bad for your knees.
7. Marriage only works if you are both playing by the same rulebook. Y’all KNOW what rulebook I’m talking about. 🙂